More than 80% of time at the workplace is spent either sending or receiving information. Poor communication can cause team conflicts, and often waste valuable time and energy.
Great communication goes beyond basic communication skills like vocabulary, grammar, delivery and body language. It is in strong self-awareness and a keen external awareness that distinguishes great communicators from others. Great communicators do not merely talk, they speak in a manner that engages the audience’s emotions and needs. It comes with a recognition that if the audience is not engaged, the message will unlikely be understood, much less accepted.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of the workshop, participants will develop actionable EQ skills through:
- Understand why engagement is important for effective communication
- Learn how emotional competencies are key to engagement in communication
- Increase awareness of own emotions and how emotions impact communication
- Develop awareness of personal communication styles and then identify opportunities for improvement in order to communicate more effectively
- Understand the importance of TRUST in communication and how TRUST can be built or destroyed
- Learn the drivers and barriers to engaging communication
- Build greater confidence to communicate powerfully and with greater impact
Register early to enjoy discounts:
Super Early Bird - registration and payment before 15 Apr 2016
Early Bird - registration and payment from 16 Apr to 15 May 2016
Regular - registration and payment from 16 May 2016 onwards